1. Multiple Scheduling Options
Companies can have annual events or a series of training events therefore, the LMS should have an option to set up a schedule reoccurrence function that would be helpful to remind the learners. Also, the LMS can automatically set up training events for the administrator to save time on creating and sending to learners.
Find an LMS with a robust event calendar system.
Ability to add events containing the webinar details such as location-based, host, option to respond, number of attendees
Integrated with zoom or teams so the learner can direct link to the webinar or training event
2. Bulk Import Training Events
A vital LMS feature to have the ability to mass import events such as upcoming training, meetings, learning events, or conferences through an excel sheet.
LMS can automatically add upcoming events to your calendar.
3. Webinar & Event Learning Resources The webinars or events are ready and scheduled, it is important to have resource attachments available before, during, and after for your attendees. Why?
Well, employees can decide whether it is worth their time to attend if they can access resources beforehand
It can provide your employee with background knowledge on the new training session so they will be prepared.
Gain quick access to relevant resources
4. LMS will save you time! How? LMS can store and record the information from your event automatically. The systems can communicate with one another to keep track of your event details, resources, and attendees. Having an automation feature would be an important key for audit and efficiency as well.
Survey feedback - Learners can be assigned feedback survey
Event conflict - Easy to see all the events and any conflicts with your schedule.
Email Integration - Learners can receive event detail modifications or cancellations
Event waitlists - When an event is at full capacity, learners can sign up on a waitlist, and then once a space is available, the LMS can automatically enroll them into the event
Training Event Reports - LMS collects data about your employees and the training event such as who attend? What event? How long? etc. It is useful information when you want to promote your employee or to see how effective your training program is. Most LMS has the ability to schedule reports so the report can be sent right into your email.
5. Centerline Communication Once you've scheduled a webinar or training event into your LMS, being able to centerline the communication between you and your attendees is crucial. If your LMS is integrated with your email, it can allow easy access and response for the learners as well.
An easy way to select and view people on the list like attending, maybe, or not attending the event
Easy to visualize your attendee list
Send event broadcast messages about any changes, issues or follow-ups
6. Calendar: host and audiences
The way the learners and host view the calendar should be different on the LMS. Learners should be able to click on the event and respond attend/unable to attend/maybe. Hosts should have the ability to see the attendee/nonattendees list and have a relevant legend the number of learners signed up for each event.
The calendar should have:
Type of legend: color code, shape code
Filters: mandatory, different events such as in class, webinar, lab, attending, waitlisted